Improving Sustainability is the right moral thing to do and it also results in less wastage of resources and saves money.
Useful information is found at:
- NHS Sustainable Development Unit
- Carbon Trust
- Workbook on ethical procurement for health
- A good source of information is the Ethical Trade Organisation (link to their website below).
- A new free training programme supporting NHS staff & their suppliers to ethically procure goods and services has been launched by the Department of Health, and developed in partnership with the BMA and the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI)
• Module 1 of the online learning is relevant to anyone with an interest in this area.
• Modules 2 and 3 are geared towards procurement professionals.
Each Module (they take take in the region of 20 - 30 minutes to complete) provides information & practical advice for buyers with regards to identifying poor labour standards and how to take action through the procurement process and engagement with suppliers
- The NHS Forest is an exciting national project with a target to plant 1 tree per employee amounting to 1.3 million trees.
- Increasing exercise improves physical and mental health and will hopefully result in people using their cars less
Britain on foot website
PLACES TO DO EXERCISE IN SOUTH ESSEX
Parks and Open Spaces in Southend
Leisures Centres in Southend
Leisure Centres and Swimming Pools in Castle Point
Walking for Health
Walking in Essex
List of Parks in Castle Point
Woodlands in Castle Point
Allotments in Castle Point
Sports pitches in Castle Point
Health Walks in Rochford
Rochford and Castle Point Ramblers
Leisure Centres in Rochford
Parks in Thurrock
Walking in Thurrock
Leisure Centres in Thurrock
Parks in Basildon
Leisure Centres in Basildon
Walking in Basildon